Tuesday, July 30, 2024

The Book Of Isaiah. Day 186, A Song Of Praise, Part One

Chapter 42 began with some words regarding the Messiah, whose advent was yet to come during the era of the prophet Isaiah. Now the narrative moves on into a song of praise. 

The Lord reminds predicted the things regarding the Messiah long before they took place. He predicted many things in the Bible that have already been fulfilled. The things that remain to be fulfilled with take place exactly as He said they would. No one but God could do this and these things are some of the credentials that prove He is who He says He is.

"I am the Lord; that is My name! I will not yield My glory to another or My praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." (Isaiah 42:8-9) No idol ever did what the Lord has done. No idol never did anything because they are images of deities that don't exist. 

With this in mind, a song of praise breaks out, I presume from the lips of the prophet Isaiah. "Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops. Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim His praise to the islands. The Lord will march out like a champion, like a warrior He will stir up His zeal; with a shout He will raise the battle cry and will triumph over His enemies." (Isaiah 42:10-13)

The Lord has never lost a battle. It is impossible for Him to lose a battle. All power and authority belong to Him and He has dominion over all things. There is nothing too hard for Him. What an awesome thing it is to be a child of the living God! So many resources are at our disposal because we belong to the Father. I confess I don't always avail myself of these blessings because I allow myself to get caught up in fear and I allow myself to think the Lord won't do marvelous things for somebody like me. I can believe He will do them for someone else but at times it's very difficult for me to believe He will extend the same mercy to me. I am so aware of my failures and faults and I feel so unworthy. But the truth is that the Lord knew everything about us before He ever created us and He loved us anyway. He is not put off by our imperfections. Let us remind ourselves that, in spite of knowing all our weaknesses, the Lord Jesus Christ thought we were worth dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment