Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Letter Of The Apostle Paul To The Romans, Day 41, Sharing The Blessings On Gentiles With Israel

Paul's readers may wonder whether there is still hope for Israel, so he is quick to assure them God is not finished with Israel. "Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious." (Romans 11:11) Paul asks, "In rejecting Christ, did they stumble so badly they will be unable to rise to their feet again? Are they defeated? Are they hopeless? Absolutely not! But the gospel message cannot be contained, and if it isn't accepted in Israel at this time, it is being accepted in the Gentile nations. And while the Gentiles are being saved, Israel is noticing God's grace and blessing on the people who were once idolaters. The personal relationship the Gentiles are building with God is something the Israelites will come to envy. They will want this for themselves."

"But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring?" (Romans 11:12) If blessings came to the Gentiles because Israel rejected the Messiah, how much more blessings will there be when Israel accepts her Messiah? These two groups combined are powerful! They are filled with grace! They are one big family of God!

"I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them." (Romans 11:13-14) Paul says, "I am honored to have been chosen by God to be an apostle to the Gentiles. I tell people everywhere I go how powerfully God is working among the Gentiles. I share all this good news with my own people, hoping they will think to themselves, 'I want that in my life! I want the power and the joy and the peace that Paul and the Gentile believers have.'"

"For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world. what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?" (Romans 11:15) Paul reminds his readers, "The gospel came to you because the majority of the Jews rejected it. But they won't all reject it always. A person who comes to Christ is reborn. A person who comes to Christ is like one risen from the dead. Just as their temporary rejection of Christ brought the gospel to you, your acceptance of the gospel should cause you to take it to them."




No comments:

Post a Comment